This Sunday, October 4 the Hawks will be invading the Big House for the "Battle at the Big House II".
This Friday, October 2 we are having a Pep Rally after practices end. All players, families and coaches are expected to attend. This will take place while the teams are eating their pizza. It isn't going to last long, likely less than an hour. Please see the attachment & for more information.
Below is the important details needed for game day in Ann Arbor:
- A game day guide with detailed maps as well as the info from this article can be downloaded from this website by clicking here.
- FREE PARKING is located in the Blue Lot & Champions East Lot near the Crisler Center. These lots are also closest to Gate 1 which is the only entrance that will be available on game day. Click here for an interactive Google map of the Gate 1 entrance.
- There are handicap parking spaces near the main entrance (Gate 1) & the Jack Roth Club entrance, which is where wheelchair entrance is located. U of M staff will be at the doors to assist and direct spectators.
- The JR Freshman will warm-up on the game field. The Freshman, JV, and Varsity teams will warm-up in Oosterbaan Fieldhouse. The coaches will escort them in. Drop-off area for pregame warm-ups is mapped out in the game day guide. Details on when and where to drop off your players for pre-game will come from your coaches and directors.
- The game times are the same as always. The Hawks are the AWAY team. Gates open at 9:00am. Coaches/Unit Directors will tell their teams what time to arrive.
- All Lakes Area Hawks athletes & their immediate families do not need to purchase tickets for entrance. However, any extended family members and friends are asked to buy a ticket for $5. Tickets can be purchased this week during practice or at the door. Parents CAN leave and re-enter the stadium, please get your hand stamped as you exit the stadium for easier re-entrance.
- ONLY AUTHORIZED adults are allowed on the field. A list has been submitted and the U of M staff oversee this. Players/Cheerleaders/Coaches/Directors will have access to the restrooms in the tunnel behind the bench.
- Concessions and restrooms are located near Gate 1. NO outside food or drinks are allowed inside the stadium. Tailgating is allowed, however alcohol is not.
- HAWKS PRIDE! Please wear your LA Hawks spirit wear and show your pride. Also, remember to bring along your cow bells, spirit shakers etc to show our teams we are there! No megaphones are allowed. We are LOUD, We are PROUD, We are LAKES AREA HAWKS!!!!!
This year the Hawks are using SignUpGenius for signing up for the required volunteer shifts. Each family is required to complete 4 shifts each season. Once you sign up for a shift, you are responsible for covering that shift if you cannot fulfill your commitment for some reason. Please notify your team director if you have any problems with your volunteer shifts.
Below are 2 links for the signup genius shifts. The first one is for our normal football season. The second one is for Super cheer. Super cheer is ideal for football parents that don't want to miss any of the football games. FYI - Super cheer is on Sunday October 25. There are no football games scheduled on that day.
Per the Hawks rulebook, parents who do not participate in mandatory volunteering will be charged a non-participation fee of $150.00 per child and will also pay for their child’s banquet ticket. The non-participation fee is designed to be a penalty, not an option. Parents who do not participate in volunteering and fundraising are not guaranteed enrollment with the Hawks in the future.
The open registration event for the 2015 season occurred on Thursday February 26th, but there are still openings available for some of our football squads as well as for all of our cheer teams.
Please note that the JV Football team is full (ages 11/12), but some players at this age group may be able to "play up" at the Varsity level. Please contact the Varsity coach, Pete Lesner if you are interested.
For any questions about signing up for our cheer program, please contact Angelique.
Please see the 2015 Registration page for all the details regarding this season's registration, fees, ages, weights, etc.
This year brings some changes to the MYFCC. The Birmingham Patriots left the MYFCC, while we have accepted 2 new organizations into the league for 2015. Dearborn Youth Football brings three teams (Pioneers, Thunderbirds, and Tractors) as well as the Michigan Warriors joining this year.
Congratulations to this years Spirit Award and Iron Man award winners. These awards are earned by the athletes for their dedication to the Hawks program by participating at all the age groups from Jr. Freshman to the Varsity level. Additional awards are earned for each additional year at the Varsity level. It is this dedication that makes the Hawks so successful!
- Megan Dunlap - 3rd year
- Samantha Fee - 2nd year
Iron Man Awards
- Blake Wilkie - 2nd year
- Cooper Anderson
- Chad Burton
- Nyle Elgert
- Zach Hargis
- Grant Henson
- Casmer Johnson
- Cameron Liebzeit
- Alex Rodriguez