The 2016 MYFCC season schedule has now been published.
The schedule is highlighted with a opening week home date on Saturday August 27th vs. Plymouth-Canton, and of course a Saturday October 8th trip to Michigan Stadium for rematches vs. Plymouth-Canton in the Battle at the Big House III.
Other things to notice with the 8 week regular season schedule:
- Their are no games during Labor Day weekend.
- Varsity plays at a different location from the rest of the squads in weeks 5 & 7. This is due to the fact their are a different number of teams at the Varsity level.
- Freshman and JV both play 5 home games and only 3 away!
- Jr. Freshman has a BYE in week 8 due to Macomb Mustangs Blue not having a Jr. Freshman team.
See http://lahawks.com/2016-schedule for the week by week schedule.
Some important dates for the 2016 Season!
These dates will also be published on the site calendar.
Mandatory Field Clean-up: June 4th & 5th, 11am - 3pm
Camp: July 23rd & 24th (Varsity Football July 22-24)
Mandatory Practice Begins: TBA
Equipment Handout: First Week of Practice
Fundraising/Final Payment: Due at Equipment Handout
Scrimmages: Some Saturdays in August. Dates TBD. Mandatory.
Picture Day: August 20th
Opening Day: August 27th, Home vs. Plymouth-Canton
Big House Game: Saturday October 8th. Game times are 8am, 10am, noon, 2pm
MYFCC Super Bowl: Saturday November 12th at Macomb Dakota
Hawks Banquet: November 18th
Congratulations go out to our Hawks Cheerleading Squads who had an awesome day at the 2015 MYFCC Super Cheer Event.
Individual team awards went to:
- JR. Freshman girls brought home the Medal for "Best Choreography"
- Freshman won 3rd place medals in round 1 and 2nd place medals in round 2
- Varsity won 3rd place medals in both round 1 and round 2
If that was not enough, our Hawks brought home the most coveted award of all the "MYFCC SPIRIT AWARD"
This prestigious honor is awarded to the Organization that has continuous displayed the best sportsmanship, spirit and class throughout the entire season. This is a tremendous compliment to our Hawks Cheerleaders and to our Organization as a whole.
Congratulations to the girls, coaches, and parents for your dedication and making everyone proud to be a Hawk!
Congratulations to this years cheerleaders who earned the Spirit Award and the football players who earned the Iron Man award. These awards are earned by the athletes for their dedication to the Hawks program by participating continuously in the program over the years. Additional awards are earned for each additional year at the Varsity level. We thank all of you and your families for the dedication that it takes to win this award.
Samantha Fee - 3rd year
Iron Man Awards
Nyle Elgert - 2nd year
Grant Henson - 2nd year