We are pleased to announce that the Hawks have joined the Livingston County Area Junior Football League and will begin Football and Cheer competition in this league for the 2018 season. The LCAJFL is made up teams from the following franchises:
- Brighton Bulldogs
- Hamburg Pirates
- Hartland Eagles
- Howell Highlanders
- Lakeland Broncos
- Lakes Area Hawks
- Milford Mustangs
- Novi Bobcats
- South Lyon Panthers
With this move comes some changes. The rest of this note details the changes that affect our Football teams. The impact to our Cheer teams is still being determined. They changes for Football include new age, weights, and practice schedule rules to name a few. Here are the major changes:
- The ages and weights shift to primarily grade based, with age limits used after grade limits. See our registration page for Football Team Grade/Age/Weight restrictions.
- The date used for determining age is April 30. I.e. if the age limit is 13, the athlete must be 13 on April 30, but can turn 14 on May 1 or after.
- New players joining the Hawks cannot be from a community served by one of the other franchises in the LCAJFL without approval from their community franchise. The Lakes Area Hawks community is defined as students in the Walled Lake School district boundaries. Returning Hawks are not impacted by this rule.
- The youngest age group in the LCAJFL is called “Instructional”, which is what we used to refer to as “JR. Freshman”.
- Weight limits for JV and Varsity include a “Ball carrier” weight and a higher “Lineman” weight limit.
- In rare cases, older kids on Freshman, JV, or Varsity are allowed to play provided they meet grade limits and reduced weight limit that is much lower than weight limit for those that meet the April 30 birth date deadline.
- Practice time is limited to 12 hours a week for preseason, and 6 hours a week for regular season.
These changes will effect every level as almost all players will move up to the next level. Our Jr. Freshmen (instructional) and Freshmen teams will be effected the most this first season. They both will be left with very few returning players.
While the organization will be ramping up our advertising your word of mouth is the best advertising there is!!
Please let people know that we have spots available!! Registration will be in February again. Stay tuned for more details including the date and time.
Congratulations to this years cheerleaders who earned the Spirit Award and the football players who earned the Iron Man award. These awards are earned by the athletes for their dedication to the Hawks program by participating continuously in the program over the years. Additional awards are earned for each additional year at the Varsity level. We thank all of you and your families for the dedication that it takes to win this award and the strength it brings to our program.
Spirit Award Winners
- Brookelyn Montgomery - 3rd Year
- Ana Richardson - 3rd Year
- Courtney Fulcher
- Karlee Sanor
- Ellie Wilson
Iron Man Award Winners
- Vaun Slimak - 2nd Year
- Nathan Dunlap
- Hayden Hall
- Owen Teichner
- Robbie Whelan
- Garrett Whiting
- Jake Wilson
The Varsity Hawks advanced to the MYFCC Super Bowl with a 56-0 victory over the Pontiac Panthers.
With the win, the Hawks take their undefeated record to the Super Bowl where they will have a rematch of their Big House game vs. the Plymouth-Canton Steelers. The Steelers come into the game with only 1 loss.
The Super Bowl game is this Saturday November 4th, at Rochester Stoney Creek High School. Game kicks off at 3:30.
UPDATE!!! - Game has been moved to Rochester High School.
UPDATE!!! - Game has been moved to Rochester Adams High School at 3200 W Tienken Rd, Rochester Hills, MI 48306. Varsity kick-off still 3:30.
The 2017 Season officially came to an end with the Varsity Super Bowl game, in which our Hawks came up just short in a thrilling 36-32 game.
We would like to thank the players, coaches, board members, families and friends that all made the season the success that it was. The season was highlighted by our victories in the Big House, our award winning Cheer program taking home numerous medals from Super Cheer, to the playoff success of our JV and Varsity teams, and of coarse the great times we all had as a Hawk family.
Planning for the 2018 season is already underway - can't wait for the next kick-off.
The Hawks Varsity and JV teams will be competing in the MYFCC semi-finals next Saturday October 28th, at Macomb Dakota High School, with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.
The JV will play at 1:00 pm and play vs. the Macomb Mustangs Gold.
The Varsity will play at 3:00 pm and play vs. the Pontiac Panthers.