The Walled Lake Northern Football Boosters are hosting Youth Football Night at Walled Lake Northern for their opening game for 2016. Game is August 26 at 7pm.
Youth Night includes:
- Free entry for youth football players & cheerleaders (Players must wear team jersey/cheer uniform)
- Reserved stadium seating (See signs in home stands)
- Ticket for free pizza & drink (See tent at stadium entrance)
- Players Run Through Tunnel (Arrive Early for Pre-Game)
- Team Recognition (Halftime)
The Hawks Cheerleaders got the 2016 season started this past weekend started with their annual camp.
They braved the heat and went to work preparing for the the season. Way to go girls!
The 2016 MYFCC season schedule has now been published.
RECENT UPDATE as of June 23rd - Week 3 game at West Bloomfield has been moved from Saturday to Sunday. Please always refer to online schedule!
The schedule is highlighted with a opening week home date on Saturday August 27th vs. Plymouth-Canton, and of course a Saturday October 8th trip to Michigan Stadium for rematches vs. Plymouth-Canton in the Battle at the Big House III.
Other things to notice with the 8 week regular season schedule:
- Their are no games during Labor Day weekend.
- Varsity plays at a different location from the rest of the squads in weeks 5 & 7. This is due to the fact their are a different number of teams at the Varsity level.
- Freshman and JV both play 5 home games and only 3 away!
- Jr. Freshman has a BYE in week 8 due to Macomb Mustangs Blue not having a Jr. Freshman team.
See http://lahawks.com/2016-schedule for the week by week schedule.
- All balances are due at Equipment Handout. There is a $200 registration fee and a $200 fundraising fee. Raffle tickets will be distributed once payment is made.
- All paperwork is due at Equipment Handout. This includes registration, concussion form, physical dated during 2016, and a copy of birth certificate. Varsity players also need proof of grade level.
- Be sure to fill out the parent part of the physical, we cannot accept incomplete physicals.
Equipment Handout Dates:
- JV: Tuesday, July 26th 6pm
- Freshman: Wednesday, July 27th 6pm
- Junior Freshman: Thursday, July 28th 6pm
- Varsity Equipment Handout will be done prior to camp. Specifics will be emailed later.
This year, we will use the large board for volunteer shifts again. Remember, each family is required to volunteer a minimum of 4 times. All Junior Varsity families must volunteer for at least 2 shifts during VARSITY games. Please note this is new this year, as we really struggled with help last year during varsity games. You are responsible for finding a replacement if you sign up for a game that you cannot attend, bring your calendars to Equipment Handout!
We still have space for cheerleaders on all squads, junior freshman football players, and varsity football players. Refer a friend and you will get a $25 discount.
Some important dates for the 2016 Season!
These dates will also be published on the site calendar.
Camp: July 23rd & 24th (Varsity Football July 22-24)
Mandatory Practice Begins: TBA
Equipment Handout: July 26, 27, 28. See Calendar for specific squads
Fundraising/Final Payment: Due at Equipment Handout
Scrimmages: Some Saturdays in August. Dates TBD. Mandatory.
Picture Day: August 20th
Opening Day: August 27th, Home vs. Plymouth-Canton
Big House Game: Saturday October 8th. Game times are 8am, 10am, noon, 2pm
MYFCC JR. Freshman Jamboree: Sunday October 30th at Pontiac Wisner Stadium; Game times TBD
MYFCC Super Bowl: Saturday November 12th at Macomb Dakota
Hawks Banquet: November 18th