- All balances are due at Equipment Handout. There is a $200 registration fee and a $200 fundraising fee. Raffle tickets will be distributed once payment is made.
- All paperwork is due at Equipment Handout. This includes registration, concussion form, physical dated during 2016, and a copy of birth certificate. Varsity players also need proof of grade level.
- Be sure to fill out the parent part of the physical, we cannot accept incomplete physicals.
Equipment Handout Dates:
- JV: Tuesday, July 26th 6pm
- Freshman: Wednesday, July 27th 6pm
- Junior Freshman: Thursday, July 28th 6pm
- Varsity Equipment Handout will be done prior to camp. Specifics will be emailed later.
This year, we will use the large board for volunteer shifts again. Remember, each family is required to volunteer a minimum of 4 times. All Junior Varsity families must volunteer for at least 2 shifts during VARSITY games. Please note this is new this year, as we really struggled with help last year during varsity games. You are responsible for finding a replacement if you sign up for a game that you cannot attend, bring your calendars to Equipment Handout!
We still have space for cheerleaders on all squads, junior freshman football players, and varsity football players. Refer a friend and you will get a $25 discount.
Time to sign up for the 23rd Annual Lakes Area Football Camp!
Camp is July 23 & 24 at the Lakes Area Hawks Field. An intensive camp for 12-14 year-olds is available that begins July 22. See Pete Lesner for more details on this opportunity.
Learn the right way while having fun. The instruction will include coaches from Walled Lake Northern, Walled Lake Central, Walled Lake Western and West Bloomfield, as well as other certified coaches.
A few notes:
- This is a non-contact training camp.
- It is suggested that players bring cleats, gym shoes and regular gym clothes.
- All lunches and drinks will be provided.
- Camp shirts will be given to each participant.
- Achievement awards for each age group.
The official camp flyer and registration form is available here or in the downloads section of this website.
Some important dates for the 2016 Season!
These dates will also be published on the site calendar.
Camp: July 23rd & 24th (Varsity Football July 22-24)
Mandatory Practice Begins: TBA
Equipment Handout: July 26, 27, 28. See Calendar for specific squads
Fundraising/Final Payment: Due at Equipment Handout
Scrimmages: Some Saturdays in August. Dates TBD. Mandatory.
Picture Day: August 20th
Opening Day: August 27th, Home vs. Plymouth-Canton
Big House Game: Saturday October 8th. Game times are 8am, 10am, noon, 2pm
MYFCC Super Bowl: Saturday November 12th at Macomb Dakota
Hawks Banquet: November 18th
The 2016 MYFCC season schedule has now been published.
RECENT UPDATE as of June 23rd - Week 3 game at West Bloomfield has been moved from Saturday to Sunday. Please always refer to online schedule!
The schedule is highlighted with a opening week home date on Saturday August 27th vs. Plymouth-Canton, and of course a Saturday October 8th trip to Michigan Stadium for rematches vs. Plymouth-Canton in the Battle at the Big House III.
Other things to notice with the 8 week regular season schedule:
- Their are no games during Labor Day weekend.
- Varsity plays at a different location from the rest of the squads in weeks 5 & 7. This is due to the fact their are a different number of teams at the Varsity level.
- Freshman and JV both play 5 home games and only 3 away!
- Jr. Freshman has a BYE in week 8 due to Macomb Mustangs Blue not having a Jr. Freshman team.
See http://lahawks.com/2016-schedule for the week by week schedule.
Congratulations to this years cheerleaders who earned the Spirit Award and the football players who earned the Iron Man award. These awards are earned by the athletes for their dedication to the Hawks program by participating continuously in the program over the years. Additional awards are earned for each additional year at the Varsity level. We thank all of you and your families for the dedication that it takes to win this award.
Samantha Fee - 3rd year
Iron Man Awards
Nyle Elgert - 2nd year
Grant Henson - 2nd year