On what was one of the hottest days ever in the Big House, our Hawks came ready to play against the always tough Plymouth-Canton Steelers. Despite the heat, our Football players and Cheerleaders came with their best and a great time was had by all.
The football teams won 2 of the 3 games on the day, and earned the right to retain the Battle at the Big House trophy for another year.
The Varsity victory also moved them into sole procession of first place, and keeps them undefeated on the season.
The pictures and videos are already being posted over on the Hawks facebook page!
One of our easiest fundraisers is utilizing the Kroger Community Rewards Program. Link your card to the Lakes Area Hawks, and a portion of all your purchases go to our organization. Renewal is required each year, so please check!
- Go to krogercommunityrewards.com
- Login to your Kroger account associated with your Kroger Card (or create an account)
- Enroll in Community Rewards by searching for the Hawks using our Organization Name (LAKE AREA HAWKS FOOTBALL) or Organization Number (31241). Please note our name is in the system as LAKE AREA HAWKS and not LAKES AREA HAWKS.
When enrolled, you will see a reference to "LAKE AREA HAWKS FOOTBALL" at the bottom of your receipt when you use your Kroger card. You will also be able to login to your Kroger account and see how much money your earned for the Hawks each quarter.
This Saturday, August 19, the 2017 season kicks off with 4 games at Lesner Field.
Game action starts at 10 am, with the Hawks JR. Freshman taking on the Rochester Redskins Gold. The Freshman, JV, and Varsity Hawks all will be facing the Eastside Eagles, with these games scheduled at noon, 2 pm, and 4 pm respectively.
See http://lahawks.com/2017-schedule for the complete 2017 schedule.
The Hawks kicked off the 2017 season with 4 games at home this past Saturday. The JR Freshman got their first taste of Hawks football in a game vs. Rochester, while our Freshman, JV, and Varsity teams all dominated their games vs. the Eastside Eagles. Freshman won 25-0, JV 46-7, and Varsity 64-0.
Next up is a trip to Wisner Stadium to kickoff our MYFCC league schedule against the Pontiac Panthers. Games are Saturday August 26, with games scheduled for 10am, noon, 2pm and 4pm.
- All athletes are to report to the field (game or practice) unless notified prior. It is extremely rare that a game or practice will be cancelled in advance. Practices and games do occur in rain, sleet, and even snow.
- When lightning is observed or thunder is heard, the game/practice will be suspended. The occurrence of lightning or thunder is not subject to interpretation or discussion — lightning is lightning; thunder is thunder.
- When lightning is observed or thunder is heard and the game/practice is suspended, athletes shall not return to the outdoor playing/practice field until lightning has been absent from the local sky and thunder has not been heard for 30 minutes. Every re-occurrence restarts the 30 minute wait.
- Head Coaches will have final say on when to cancel practice after having waiting for conditions to clear. In case of games, a decision is made among the officials and Host and visiting organizations.