This Saturday, August 19, the 2017 season kicks off with 4 games at Lesner Field.
Game action starts at 10 am, with the Hawks JR. Freshman taking on the Rochester Redskins Gold. The Freshman, JV, and Varsity Hawks all will be facing the Eastside Eagles, with these games scheduled at noon, 2 pm, and 4 pm respectively.
See http://lahawks.com/2017-schedule for the complete 2017 schedule.
- All athletes are to report to the field (game or practice) unless notified prior. It is extremely rare that a game or practice will be cancelled in advance. Practices and games do occur in rain, sleet, and even snow.
- When lightning is observed or thunder is heard, the game/practice will be suspended. The occurrence of lightning or thunder is not subject to interpretation or discussion — lightning is lightning; thunder is thunder.
- When lightning is observed or thunder is heard and the game/practice is suspended, athletes shall not return to the outdoor playing/practice field until lightning has been absent from the local sky and thunder has not been heard for 30 minutes. Every re-occurrence restarts the 30 minute wait.
- Head Coaches will have final say on when to cancel practice after having waiting for conditions to clear. In case of games, a decision is made among the officials and Host and visiting organizations.
The 2017 MYFCC season schedule is now out. Look here for the schedule.
The schedule is highlighted by 4 games for our JR Freshman/Freshman/JV at our very own Lesner Field, as well as a "home" game at Michigan Stadium for our annual Battle at the Big House game.
Note that our Varsity plays at a different location than our other teams in week 6 & 7.
The Hawks still have openings for JR. Freshman Football, as well as our Cheer teams!
Click here to download registration packet. Fill out pages 2,3,4 of registration packet. Please read all the information in the packet, as it contains important information regarding dates, volunteer commitments, etc.
- Football Players: $425, this includes the $225 registration fee and $200 in mandatory fundraising (football squares and raffle tickets, etc.). Practice jersey, girdle, cleats, etc. will have to be purchased prior to the season.
- Cheerleaders: $425, this includes the $225 registration fee and $200 in mandatory fundraising (football squares and raffle tickets). Turtleneck, spanks, and bow included, shoes and warm-ups will have to be purchased prior to the season.
- Sibling Discount: Siblings will receive a $25 discount for every child after the first and will only have a $200 fundraising fee for the whole family.
- Full payment is preferred, but families may also pay a minimum of $225 per child when they register and the fundraising payment will be due at Equipment Hand Out in the summer if necessary.
Football Ages & Weights (MYFCC League Rules)
Ages as of Sept. 1st 2017. Weight limits are enforced every game day.
- JR. Freshman - 6/7/8 years old and 110 lbs.
- Freshman - 8/9/10 years old and 130 lbs.
- JV - 10/11/12 years old and 160 lbs.
- Varsity - 11/12/13/14 years old and 200 lbs.
Opportunities exist to become a sponsor of Lakes Area Hawks Football & Cheer for the upcoming 2017 season. Your contribution will help support our Football and Cheer programs we offer to the youth in our community from ages 6 through 14.
Based on sponsorship level, your organization will be advertised on this website, our Facebook page, and at our stadium, as well as other advertising options.
The Lakes Area Hawks are a 501(c) (3) MICHIGAN NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION, and your contribution may be deductible.