One of our easiest fundraisers is utilizing the Kroger Community Rewards Program. Link your card to the Lakes Area Hawks, and a portion of your purchaes fo to our organization. Renewal is required each year, so please check!
You can go online to krogercommunityrewards.com and use the #31241 or search for "LAKE AREA HAWKS FOOTBALL".
The MYFCC league site has been updated this season. The scores, standings and other details about our league are availble at http://myfcc.net. League scores and Standings for week 1 have been posted, so check it out.
Also for those who want live scores from our Hawks games I suggest following the Hawks on twitter, as we will attempt to keep live score updates throughout the day on game days. See the Social Media menu on out home page for links to our Twitter and Facebook pages.
The Hawks Cheerleaders got the 2016 season started this past weekend started with their annual camp.
They braved the heat and went to work preparing for the the season. Way to go girls!
Week 1 is in the books, and the Lakes Area Hawks came away with a couple of victories against the always tough Plymouth-Canton Steelers.
The JR Freshman had a great showing in their game Saturday. The Freshman team held on after the rain delay for a 13-6 victory. The JV team lost by 1 score, 14 -7. The Varsity shutout the Steelers in a 28-0 victory.
The Hawks have next weekend off for the Holiday, and will resume play on September 10th hosting the Pontiac Panthers right here at the Hawk House.
- All balances are due at Equipment Handout. There is a $200 registration fee and a $200 fundraising fee. Raffle tickets will be distributed once payment is made.
- All paperwork is due at Equipment Handout. This includes registration, concussion form, physical dated during 2016, and a copy of birth certificate. Varsity players also need proof of grade level.
- Be sure to fill out the parent part of the physical, we cannot accept incomplete physicals.
Equipment Handout Dates:
- JV: Tuesday, July 26th 6pm
- Freshman: Wednesday, July 27th 6pm
- Junior Freshman: Thursday, July 28th 6pm
- Varsity Equipment Handout will be done prior to camp. Specifics will be emailed later.
This year, we will use the large board for volunteer shifts again. Remember, each family is required to volunteer a minimum of 4 times. All Junior Varsity families must volunteer for at least 2 shifts during VARSITY games. Please note this is new this year, as we really struggled with help last year during varsity games. You are responsible for finding a replacement if you sign up for a game that you cannot attend, bring your calendars to Equipment Handout!
We still have space for cheerleaders on all squads, junior freshman football players, and varsity football players. Refer a friend and you will get a $25 discount.